Terms and Conditions
Online Shop General Terms and Conditions Field of application, contractual partner
(1) All contracts and deliveries of A Piece of Europe (hereinafter: "we") with or to clients (entrepreneurs or consumers) through the online shop ("apieceofeurope.com" ) are governed by the following General Terms and Conditions of Trade and Deliveries. Divergent or conflicting conditions of the purchaser shall only be binding if and insofar as recognized by us.
(2) The purchasing contract comes into existence between the client and the above mentioned A Piece of Europe.
2. Conclusion, text and content of the contract
(1) Legally, the contract comes into effect as follows: the client, in sending the completed order form over the internet, makes a binding offer to conclude the purchase contract. The client is then immediately sent a confirmation email regarding the order. This confirmation of receipt does not yet represent acceptance of the client's offer. A binding contract only comes into effect when and if we declare our acceptance within two working days of receipt of the order, or send the product to the client within this period. If we do not accept the offer, the client will be informed immediately.
(2) The text of the contract is stored on our internal systems. The General Terms and Conditions are available for consultation on this page at all times. The order data and General Terms and Conditions will be sent to you by email. For security reasons, your order data will no longer be available over the internet following completion of the order.
(1) Deliveries are made both within the USA as well as in the countries available for selection in the order menu. To this end, the client, in “Step 1“ of the order, will be asked to indicate the country in which delivery is to be made. All deliveries are made by shippers selected by ourselves with all due consideration (DHL, UPS etc.).
(2) If a delivery period has been agreed with the client but delivery cannot be made within that period, the client will be notified immediately in writing. In particular, the client will be entitled to rescind from the contract if and to the extent that we are responsible for the delay in delivery. It is not possible for the client to rescind from the contract if the delay in delivery is due to force majeure or other circumstances beyond our control. Such events include, in particular, natural disasters, strikes or government orders, as well as disruption of business not covered by normal business risk.
(3) The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
(1) The prices of our merchandise are basically calculated in dollar, including VAT at the applicable rate. (2) The prices are calculated based on shipment from our main office (Sarasota USA or Wiggensbach, Germany), not including charges for packing and shipment. If goods are to be shipped to a location outside of USA or Germany, the client will incur additional costs.
The same applies to import duties, if any.
5. Payment conditions
(1) At the choice of the client, payment may be made by prepayment or PayPal
(2) We are entitled to engage the services of financial service providers (banks, credit card organizations etc.) to process the payments. In this case, the payment shall be considered completed when the sum owed by the client is received by the financial service provider in such a way that the service provider has unrestricted disposal of the money.
(3) If the payment method selected by the client is not feasible for us or for the service provider, especially because of insufficient funds in the client's account or due to the provision of incorrect data by the client, the client will be required to reimburse us for any additional costs incurred.
6. Retention of title
(1) The merchandise remains our property pending payment in full of all sums arising out of our legal relationship with the client. Said retention of title shall lapse upon full payment for the goods.
(2) The client will not be entitled to dispose of the goods subject to retention of title during the retention of title. The client will be required to handle the goods subject to retention of title with all due care pending transfer of ownership.
(1) All our merchandise is covered by legal warranty rights. The statutory provisions shall apply in the absence of any derogation set forth below.
(2) No defect in the legal sense shall be deemed to be present if caused by the client himself. This applies in particular to improper handling, or handling not in accordance with the instruction manual, as well as to glass damage not attributable to our firm, damage caused by flat batteries or by dropping the clock. The client shall have no claim under the warranty in the event of defect if the merchandise has been repaired elsewhere without our consent. The costs of repairs agreed to by us will be reimbursed to the client following receipt of proof of repair and proof of cost.
(3) In the event of a defect, please notify the matter by e-mail.
8. Right of cancellation / cancellation policy.
(1) Right of cancellation
You are entitled to cancel this contract within fourteen days, without stating a reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good. To exercise your cancellation right, you must notice by means of an unambiguous declaration (for example, by letter, fax or email) of your decision to cancel the contract. All you need to do to assert your cancellation right is send us your message of intent within the cancellation period.
(2) Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse you for all payments received by us, including delivery (with the exception of additional costs arising from your selection of a method of delivery differing from the method offered by us), i.e. standard economy delivery. Reimbursement will be made without delay, within fourteen days from the day of receipt of your notification of cancellation of this contract. In making the reimbursement, we will use the same method of payment as selected by you in the original transaction, in the absence of express agreement to the contrary with yourself; in no event will you incur any fee relating to your reimbursement. We shall, however, be entitled to refuse reimbursement until we receive the merchandise in return, or pending your submission of proof that you have shipped the merchandise back, whichever comes first. You will be required to return or transfer the merchandise without delay, within fourteen days of receipt of your notice to cancel the contract, at the latest. The returns period shall be deemed adhered to if you send the merchandise before the expiry of the 14-day returns period. You will have to pay the direct costs of returning the merchandise. You will only be required to compensate us for any deterioration of the merchandise if the deterioration is attributable to unnecessary handling, i.e. handling not required to inspect the condition, properties and functions of the same.
- End of cancellation policy -
Additionally, please take note of the following instructions:
The right to cancel does not apply to the following kind of contracts: Contracts for the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly.